Employer: St. Andrew's Anglican Church (Versailles, KY)
Closes: When position is filled
The Youth Minister works cooperatively with the Family Minister, the Rector, the church staff, parents and volunteers to design and implement an effective discipleship plan for middle and high school students, helping them toward mature Christian adulthood.
The Youth Minister at St. Andrew’s Anglican Church will:
1. Display a testimony of Christian conversion and a life of mature discipleship to Jesus Christ, with on-going evidence of the fruit of the Spirit.
2. Have an informed understanding of faith development in the middle and high school years, with a passion and willingness to provide discipleship opportunities for the youth in our parish.
3. Recruit, build, and inspire a team of parents and lay leaders who partner together to assist every youth in our parish to grow closer to Jesus.
4. Provide life on life discipleship to students by spending consistent time with them at school events, in social settings, and with friends in their peer groups.
5. Build intentional relationships with students in our Avanza program and their families in order to include them in the discipleship programs at St. Andrew’s when they enter middle school.
6. Involve students and their families in regular service, witness, and outreach, instilling a strong commitment to the mission of the church to spread the gospel locally and abroad.
Expectations for Youth Minister at St. Andrew’s include:
1. Affirmation of the Theological Statement of the Anglican Church in North America, and submission to its Constitution and Canons.
2. Understanding of the Anglican way of sacramental worship, with an adherence to the doctrine and practice of baptism as entry into the church, and confirmation as a life-defining point of personal commitment to Christ.
3. Intentional support/training for parents within the parish toward the development of strong families in which young people are formed into Christ-followers.
4. Leading youth (and their families) in establishing durable habits of Bible study, Scripture memory, and prayer.
5. Assisting youth in discerning early signs of spiritual gifting, and creating opportunities for these gifts to be used and developed in gathered worship services or other church ministries.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent in actual ministry experience of four years or more. Graduate work in a related field is highly desirable.
Demonstrated leadership management experience, proven success leading volunteers, basic computer, interpersonal skills, children, youth, and family ministry experience, Spanish language and/or Latino cultural understanding. Job requires medium exertion, long periods of standing, walking flights of stairs, bending, and lifting.