Employer: St. Peter's Anglican Church, Tallahassee, FL
Closes: When position is filled
Reports to: Associate Rector for Family Ministries – Fr. Chase Campbell
Under the direction of the Associate Rector for Family Ministries, the Director of Children’s Ministry will provide leadership, planning, implementation, and oversight to the daily work of children’s ministry. This person will work directly with programs for children which include Sunday School, midweek programs and special events.
• Assist the Associate Rector for Family Ministry in creating ministry vision, values, and goals.
• Work with the Associate Rector for Family Ministry in developing strategies, program structures, and events which serve young children and their parents.
• Oversee and implement effective programs and events for children from birth through 5th grade, as well as for their parents. This includes, but is not limited to, planning and prepping program and event material and/or supplies; communication with parents; serve as the primary volunteer recruiter, trainer and encourager; participate in weekly programs and at special events, as needed.
o Programs will include, but are not limited to; Sunday School, Nursery, Children’s Chapel, Toddler Story Time, and Kids Klubhouse.
• Develop relationships with the children and parents of St. Peter’s.
• In coordination with the Associate Rector for Family Ministry, develop ways of partnering and equipping parents with resources to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
• Pray regularly with and for the Children’s Ministry team and children of our church.
• Maintain contact with children and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities, i.e., The Kids Keys. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Meet regularly with the Children’s Ministry Council.
• Assist in the development and oversight of the children’s ministry budget.
• Responsible for the hiring and firing of nursery personnel.
• Responsible for maintaining the safeguarding of children. This will include, but is not limited to background checks, sexual abuse training, first-aid, CPR training, implementation of safety policy and procedure, and maintenance of cameras in classroom.