Employer: Church of the Apostles Eastern Shore (Fairhope, Al)
Closes: When position is filled
- Full time employment
- Has a heart and calling to work with youth, preferably with two or more years’ experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Biblical literacy
- A passion for youth discipleship and formation and a love of the outdoors
- Understands the traditions and the practices of the Anglican Church.
- Comfortable with mystery and doubt so often present in teenager’s faith journey
- Able to journey with our youth and explore big questions, rather than simply prescribing dogma
- Self-starter possessing a healthy level of self-awareness *
*We have had youth ministry in place for the past 16 years but are in need of new birth and formation as the past two years have seen a decrease in participation. The entire church family is committed to a long term vision and will be patient with short term results.
The past few years has seen a significant growth in our young families demographic; the teenage cohort is rapidly increasing. We are looking for a candidate who can form, fashion and lead a youth ministry for 6th through 12th grades as a cohesive extension of our church family which has a deep appreciation for the beauty of God’s creation, the redeeming work of the cross and resurrection of Jesus, and the creative witness of the Holy Spirit displayed in the arts and the every good endeavor of God’s people.