Employer: Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Raleigh, NC
Closes: When position is filled
Student Ministry Reports to: Clergy Associate for Student Ministry
Effective: June 1, 2019
Duration: Contract for one year with the ability to renew
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Competitive stipend & free room and board
This one-year paid fellowship provides a space to gain practical youth ministry skills. The female fellow will plan, coordinate, and deliver program activities for the youth ministry with the aim of bringing middle and high school females to faith in Jesus Christ and into growth and service as believers. Work closely with the Clergy Associate for Student Ministries on plans to meet ministry objectives. Help develop and lead a strong group of adult volunteers to effectively disciple and serve this age group. Work directly in outreach and discipleship with middle and high school females. Plan and carry out special events. Help maximize the effective use of resources and track ministry results. Provide administrative support and coordinate a variety of details to ensure smooth operations of the office and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implement and support department’s ministry plans – Assist Clergy Associate in planning and carrying out youth ministry to build relationships to evangelize and disciple students. Speak, lead Bible studies, train ministry volunteers, pray with students and their parents, and manage activities. Suggest/initiate program improvements. Serve as leadership contact for interested students, parents, volunteer leaders, and others as required and maintain effective relationships and communication. Ensure plans and projects are sufficiently supported with volunteers, staff, technology, facilities, and communications. Plan and provide communication to/facilitate positive relationships with all key groups, which may include students, family members, vendors, venues, and other Holy Trinity departments. Assist with budget tracking and financial management. Track ministry results and provide reports as requested by Clergy Associate for Student Ministries.
2. General Admin & Materials and Communication – Handle office operations and routine support such as copying, mail, phone support, supplies, coordinating communications, meeting planning and attendance, scheduling, record-keeping, maintaining files, and keeping the work area organized and secure. Take actions to track, coordinate, update and make available various resources such as the weekly email newsletter, print materials, website updates/social media, information in weekly bulletin, presentation resources, and results tracking. Facilitate communication needs by tracking project requirements and deadlines, producing or drafting informative content.
3. Coordinate volunteers – Recruit, develop, and direct adult volunteer leaders, building relationships, encouraging growth in faith, and developing their skills for effective youth work. Inculcate the vision and philosophy of ministry set out in youth ministry mission/vision.
4. Special Events/Meetings – Coordinate special events, trips, and regular meetings for the youth ministry including planning, communication, scheduling venues/services required, defining and filling volunteer needs, event support, interacting with youth and parents, and clean-up.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience serving in ministry programs, or professional equivalent
• Relevant coursework; bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge of the needs and concerns of middle and high school females.
• Experience planning events
• Basic office technology skills required; database, website, spreadsheets, and social media skills highly preferred
• Satisfactory background check
ABOUT HOLY TRINITY ANGLICAN CHURCH
We are an evangelical, Anglican congregation in Raleigh. We affirm our belief in historic Christianity as revealed in the Scriptures and summarized in the three Creeds (the Apostles, the Nicene, and the Athanasian) and the Thirty-Nine Articles. Our vision is to proclaim, exult and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.