Employer: Church of the Outer Banks, Nags Head, NC
Closes: When position is filled
Church of the Outer Banks is looking for a full-time associate pastor for our youth, who will also serve to help bring vision and oversight to children’s and family ministries. Additionally, part of the employee’s responsibilities will be in coordinating our Sunday Morning Worship. We worship in the YMCA and need someone who can work with the worship team, set-up team, and sound team to ensure a smooth Sunday morning experience for both our traditional 8:30 service and our 10:10 contemporary service. Musical abilities are preferred, but not required.
Web Link: http://www.churchobx.com/job-postings
Church of the Outer Banks was planted in 2005 as a non-denomination church by Dr. Winfield Bevins. In 2012, Church of the Outer Banks joined the Anglican Diocese of the Carolinas and officially became an Anglican congregation. In 2015, Rev. Joey Fitzgerald became the rector after Dr. Bevins joined the Faculty of Asbury Theological Seminary as Director of Church Planting. Church of the Outer Banks has grown to a 200+ member church with a heart to reach the lost of the Outer Banks with the love of Christ and the Power of the Holy Spirit! We have an active partnership with the YMCA and worship at the Y each Sunday. Our church’s vision is to “Love God, Love Others, and live on Mission.”
Each Sunday we have around 160 people in our worship services. We have 15-20 people worshiping with us at our 8:30 service, which follows the liturgy of the 2019 Book of Common Prayer. Our 10:10 service is more contemporary, and is a blended style of worship with approximately 140 people each week. Holy Communion is celebrated at both services weekly.
Church of the Outer Banks seeks a flexible and qualified minister of Christ who can work in several areas of the life of the church. The primary oversight will be Youth, with leadership and vision for all of Family Ministries. Secondarily the position will require administrative and leadership skills in coordinating Sunday Morning Worship in conjunction with our existing lay worship team.
Youth and Families:
• Provide vision and leadership for youth and families in coordination with the Rector, Children’s Director, and Family Ministry Support Team.
• A weekly Youth Ministry gathering for middle and high school students.
• Weekly bible studies for middle and high school students.
• Weekly contact with youth outside of planned programs. This may include taking youth out for
lunch, taking youth surfing, skating, or simply attending football games, school plays, etc… This is
referred to as “contact work” and is vital to the success of the ministry.
• Planning of yearly retreats and mission trips, and quarterly local mission projects.
• Helping with the oversight and training of youth ministry volunteers.
• Lead the Family Ministry Parent Support Team.
• Assist the Lay Worship Leader in all areas of worship as needed
• Ensure that there will be music at the 8:30 service, and assist and help in worship at the 10:10
service as needed.
• Ensure that there will be music for special events and services as needed
• Help to organize and schedule regular rehearsals for the worship and sound team
• Help to identify and introduce new music that is in line with our church’s theology and culture
• Oversight of all sound and music equipment, including ordering, maintaining, and adjusting
equipment as needed.
Administrative and Sunday Morning Coordination Duties:
• Keeping up with CCLI licensing, payments for worship planning software, etc…
• Oversight of creating Sunday worship guides and slides for both services
• Create and post audio/video recordings of the church’s worship service
• Providing video’s, pictures, and other needed visuals for Sunday Mornings (Mission Focus,
Sermons, announcements, etc…
• Plan, train, and schedule set-up and sound teams for Sunday mornings
• 1-2 hours each week spent with the rector. This time is meant to help in personal and professional ministry growth.
• Actively involved in a Life Group
• Other duties as assigned
• The candidate is expected to continue to pursue their personal relationship with Jesus Christ
through personal study, regular church attendance, tithing, and striving to lead a life as prescribed of elders and deacons in Holy Scripture.
• 4-year degree in a related field and ministry experience working with youth.
• possess leadership and organizational skills
• be a team player
• be proficient, or able to learn, Pro Presenter, Planning Center, Social Media, and other computer
skills as applicable
• Preferred, but not required, someone who posses musical abilities to lead in congregational singing
• Be able to affirm the beliefs of the Anglican church and historical, orthodox Christian Church.