Website St. Luke's Church, Copley, OH
Associate Rector for Family and Youth Ministries at St. Luke’s Church
The Associate Rector is a full-time position, reporting to the Rector. Compensation and Benefits will be commensurate with experience and diocesan standards.
Who we are:
St Luke’s is a three streams church community (Biblical, Anglican, Spirit-filled) located in Copley, OH, outside of Akron, in the Anglican Diocese of the Great Lakes. St. Luke’s is a healthy, vibrant, and growth-oriented congregation. Before COVID-19 restrictions, Sunday attendance averaged 100 – 150 parishioners. Currently, we have about 50-60 attending in person with the remainder faithfully following live-stream online. St. Luke’s is located directly across from the Copley High School and has a Teen Center devoted to the youth of St. Luke’s and the surrounding area. St. Luke’s has an annual budget of about $500,000.
We are a community that is called to the surrounding community with the mission to live out the Great Commandment and to fulfill the Great Commission. Our mission as a church is to: “Love, Grow, Serve, and Go!” We want to Love people where they are to build a relationship with Jesus; To Grow into their full potential in Christ; To Serve the needs of others and make a transformational difference in the surrounding community and; To Go to the surrounding towns/state and the world with a message of hope and salvation.
The Associate Rector for Family and Youth Ministries fully shares in the liturgical and pastoral life of St. Luke’s in collaboration with the Rector and deacons of the church. This would include celebrating the Eucharist, preaching, teaching and pastoral care. Additionally, the Associate Rector will provide imaginative and dynamic leadership to enhance and grow our ministries for families, children, and youth. The Associate Rector will nurture relationships with parishioners of all ages, but particularly parents and children, serving them as pastor, friend, mentor and priest.
• Communicate the Good News of Jesus with joy, clarity, and a fresh perspective.
• Build relationships with all parishioners, especially families, children, and youth.
• Actively support the Vision, Mission and Core Values of St. Luke’s Church.
• Supervise, develop, and grow Children’s Ministries, including the Sunday School program and its scheduling, curriculum, teacher recruitment and training.
• Oversee, enhance, and grow Youth Ministry, providing middle school and high school youth with opportunities for formation, fellowship and service.
• Organize and lead Confirmation classes.
• Plan and participate in an annual Youth Mission.
• Recruit, empower, and support lay leaders to actively build family, children, and youth ministries.
• Collaborate with church staff and lay leaders to support a vibrant and vital parish life.
• Work within the budgets of all assigned ministries.
• Participate fully in the life and ministry of the Diocese of The Great Lakes.
• Seek opportunities to collaboratively engage in family, children’s, and youth ministry with other parishes, regional partners and other youth organizations.
Minimum Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
• Bachelor’s and Master of Divinity degree.
• Ordination and a priest in good standing in the Anglican Church in North America.
• Deep and abiding sense of God’s transforming love, nurtured through daily prayer and Bible study.
• Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills with youth and family.
• Strong attention to detail and time management.
For more information, please reach out to:
Search Committee Chairman
To apply for this job email your details to Larryd8383@gmail.com